It’s often not easy to decide which development path should be chosen when an organization is developing its operations. Wrong choices may have long term consequences that are hard to foresee. Event based system simulation allows you to experiment and study what kind of effects different development options have in your process. This can be done before making any actual decisions and changes to your daily operations. Simulation models are based on real-life data. After having tested different development options and having them evaluated by simulating them, your organization can make fact-based decisions and choose the best option. Synesa Solution is a pioneer in combining process mining and simulation. Typically simulation models are designed manually. Now eDromosToSim creates a simulation model directly from the process model created by eDromos process mining software. This allows you to start experimenting with the simulation model immediately without a time-consuming and difficult manual simulation model construction phase. eDromosToSim includes easy-to-use features for resource management in the simulation model, and for adjusting the visual appearance of the simulation model.
eDromosToSim conversion tool converts a process model into a simulation model that can imported into JaamSim simulation environment. JaamSim is a free Open Source simulation environment. It’s not included in eDromosToSim, but can be downloaded for free at www.jaamsim.com
Simulation allows to you:
- Detect bottle necks and discover potential problems in your process
- Evaluate the effects of alternative ways to adjust your process
- Detect risks, and to prepare for the effects of realized risks
- See how changes in resource demands affect your process
Discrete-event simulation (DES) makes it possible test which development ideas are most suitable for the organisation before making the final decision. DES is a mathematical modelling method that makes use of the existing data.
DES can be used both for creating a new way of operating and for evaluating the impact that development procedures would have on the old way of operating.
When development ideas are tested in a virtual environment, the organisation can avoid real-life pilots and the disturbance that they might cause.
When development suggestions are based on facts and validated models, it is easier to make important decisions.
If the planned way of operating has not been tried before in the organisation, DES is the only way to answer questions of its efficiency and suitability.
- The analysis of the current operations constructed with eDromos functions as the basis for DES. This gives DES many benefits:
- A thorough analysis of the operations DES is based on a thorough analysis of the current situation where all the operations are clearly visible in one model.
- Efficiency: Facts from the system form the basis for both the analysis and DES. This removes the need for time-consuming manual collection of data.
- Objectivity: When the data is collected from the system, DES is based on facts rather than subjective assumptions and estimations.
- Read more from eDromos’s page.
- DES takes into account the interdependencies between the operations and the resources of the organisation. The results of the simulation respond accurately to the needs of the organisation.
- When operation development is based on facts and operations that are unique with each organisation, the suggested solutions are realistic and fit the needs of the organisation.
- Harnessing the existing knowledge and basing decisions on it has been proven accurate. The accuracy rate of a simulation created by the CEO in the NOVA project in 2004 was 99 %.